[FFmpeg-devel] matroska file hits eof on any seek

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:15:23 CET 2012

On 2/17/2012 10:51 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I looked at the code, as far as I can tell you just got lucky.

Then I'll be happy to count myself lucky :)  I used this same feature to
recover my files, which I admittedly screwed up with an earlier revision
of yamka.

> It looks for an IDR slice.
> However having an IDR slice does not tell you anything.

Is it likely that a single H.264 frame stored in SimpleBlock would hold
IDR and non-IDR slices?

> If _all_ slices are IDR slices, yes.
> If one is an IDR slice and some are not that tells you nothing.

Thank you for looking at the code and letting me know, I'll make this
feature more robust the next chance I get.

> Also, if intra refresh is used then it is possible that there
> is not one single IDR slice even in a multi-hour video that can
> be seeked to any place without any issue.

Can you suggest how I should handle this situation?

Thank you,
     Pavel.