[FFmpeg-devel] (MSVC++) warning LNK4248: unresolved typeref token (01000015) for 'AVDictionary'; image may not run

Matthew Einhorn moiein2000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:52:22 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:19 PM, John Dexter <jdxsolutions at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just got ffmpeg working through MSVC++ 2008 using prebuilt libs,
> everything seems to be working in my test project but I get this one
> linker error and have no idea if it's a problem.
>
> Is this normal, should I worry, etc?
>
> warning LNK4248: unresolved typeref token (01000015) for
> 'AVDictionary'; image may not run

Without seeing source I can not be sure. But I suspect the problem arises
because AVDictionary is not actually defined (other than a declaration) in
the include files included with the dll dist.
If you look in dict.h you'll see only this: "typedef struct AVDictionary
AVDictionary;"

So, somewhere in your include files actually define AVDictionary as such:

//common.h
struct AVDictionary {
    int count;
    AVDictionaryEntry *elems;