[FFmpeg-devel] git ffmpeg/Xbmc lockup

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jan 7 02:55:35 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 05:25:21PM -0700, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> Thought I'd give you guys an informal heads up (in particular Carl
> Eugen Hoyos).
>
> I build my Xbmc with the latest git version of FFmeg periodically.
> It caused me to pull some of my hair out the other night
> when Xbmc locked up when starting videos (h264 for sure).
> I finally realized I had just built the latest git version of FFmpeg
> prior to rebuilding Xbmc, so I started looking there.
>
> To shorten the story up a bit, I just finished git bisecting FFmpeg
> to locate the cause of the problem, and it is....
>
> commit d185278c369e9150fe6b4cf730405753384bca93
> Author: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
> Date:   Fri Jan 6 00:51:31 2012 +0100
>
>     Support decoding of some unusual jpeg samples.
>
>     Avoid unsupported pix_fmts by upscaling chroma.
>
>     Fixes ticket #878.
>
> Carl could you have a look at that code, I've been up quite a while
> now and am about ready to call it a night.
>
> I'll have a look at it tomorrow, if someone hasn't come up with
> something by then.

iam not sure how a jpeg related change could cause this but
try disabling threads, the default has changed recently

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway