[FFmpeg-devel] Fixing av_seek

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 08:07:33 CET 2012

> On 21 Jan 2012, at 00:53, "Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I am still dealing with trying to find out Group B problems. I have had
>> issues with MPEG1, THEORA, and a few others, and I will know more about
>> these problems as I get into it further.
>
> It would be really useful to know which kinds of files, and I don't think
> the codec is all that relevant usually.
> In the past there were some issues due to the parser breaking the position
> value, so that would only affect formats that don't have proper framing.
> I did some fixes, but I am not convinced that the parsers don't do other
> silly things.

Reimar, I think you raise the key point. The position values may be wrong as
index_entries are added. I will be providing sample files as time goes on.
Trying to take this one step at a time. If the problem with positon values
occurs because of improper framing, then it would be great if some kind of
fix could be found for this. If not, it would probably be better not to add
index_entries if a guess is being made on that.

The thing I am looking at now is index_entries and how they are supposed to
relate to key frames and this appears to be broken in some cases.