[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2012
madshi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:49:41 CET 2012
2012/1/31 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com>
> Are there any big things you want worked on?
DTS-HD decoding support might be an option, since (at least some parts of)
the DTS-HD spec was recently made public.
FWIW, DTS-HD decoding could be split into several sub-projects:
(1) Add support for mixed Core + DTS-HD stream structure
(DtsCoreFrame+DtsHdFrame+DtsCoreFrame+DtsHdFrame+...), used by Blu-Ray main
and commentary tracks.
(2) Add support for a pure DTS-HD stream structure
(DtsHdFrame+DtsHdFrame+DtsHdFrame+...), used by Blu-Ray PiP tracks.
(3) Add support for XXCh extension (6.1 and 7.1 channels).
(4) Add support for X96 extension (96khz).
(5) Add support for XBR extension (extra bitrate).
(6) Add support for XLL extension (lossless).
(7) Add support for XSA extension (low bitrate variant, used for Blu-Ray
In theory all extensions can be stored in either the DtsCoreFrame or in the
DtsHdFrame, though in real life XBR and XLL are always only stored in the
DtsHdFrame and XSA streams have no core at all. XCh, XXCh and X96 can be in
either DtsCoreFrame or DtsHdFrame in real life.
Best regards, madshi.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel