[FFmpeg-devel] drop entire frame when RTP packets are lost

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Jul 2 21:34:43 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 01:44:32PM -0400, Martin Carroll wrote:

> > but i think it's more interesting what you did to produce the problem
>
> I used only an RTP stream, and I fed ffplay an SDP file on the command line.
> I generated the RTP stream using a special piece of hardware --
> specifically,
> a Tilera board running an H.264 encoder.  So unless you have a Tilera board,
> the ball is in my court to figure out what is different between my
> RTP stream
> and yours.  Which is why I asked for your settings.

hmm, ok, understood
i used this:

vlc --play-and-exit -vvv in.mpg --sout '#rtp{dst=127.0.0.1,port=1234,mux=ts,sdp=http://127.0.0.1:4321/test.sdp}'

and played it with ffplay

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact