[FFmpeg-devel] VP8 sliced threading

Daniel Kang daniel.d.kang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:06:33 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> On 6 Jul 2012, at 00:31, Daniel Kang <daniel.d.kang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > git-send-email isn't working.
> >
> > Patch attached.
> Only had a quick look. In the second patch, please don't remove the
> doxygen comments when moving fields to a different struct.

Fixed. Also addressed Michael's comments from IRC (refactored the
threadings parts to another file). Updated patch attached.

Also how did you get performance numbers? For low horizontal resolution I'd
> expect it to potentially get vastly slower on Windows when the sleep comes
> in, since the default minimum granularity of the sleep is 10ms, which
> should be longer than decoding a whole frame takes.

I only tested HD clips, on Linux and Windows. I will test a low-res clip
once I can find a suitable one.

Also, I am pretty sure a helper function was added for sleeping recently,
> and I complained about it not documenting this major pitfall.

Where is this located/what is the function called? If so, I can probably
use that instead of the functions I added.