[FFmpeg-devel] How do we deal with muxing 3GPP Timed Text subtitles?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Jul 9 00:03:53 CEST 2012

Le primidi 21 messidor, an CCXX, Philip Langdale a écrit :
> It's not very important, but I guess I'm describing a situation where
> packets are not in strict decoding order.

Unless I am mistaken, that can not happen for a demuxer, the common code in
lavf should prevent it:

 * The packet shall contain one audio or video frame.
 * The packet must be correctly interleaved according to the container
 * specification, if not then av_interleaved_write_frame must be used.
(doxy for av_write_frame)

So IMHO you do not have to worry about that at all.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George