[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SOCIS 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:39:57 CEST 2012

On date Tuesday 2012-07-10 15:29:00 -0600, Michael Bradshaw encoded:
> I've got a couple more nits, mostly with the "serial comma" (a.k.a.
> "Oxford" or "Harvard comma"). I noticed you added one when mentioning
> archiving, so I'll point out where I noticed one was missing (I don't
> care if serial commas are used or not because it's currently being
> debated both ways among writers and editors; just as long as it's
> consistent).

I was advised by Diego to use serial comma (now I know how to name it)
a long time ago, so I tend to use it when I rememeber, and I think its
use is favored in FFmpeg documentation.

> > * Project description (mandatory) - Describe in a few word your
> >   open-source project, why you would like to participate to SOCIS and
> >   what you hope to gain by participating.
> >
> > FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert
> > and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - a leading
>
> comma between "convert" and "and"

Fixed locally, thanks.
--
FFmpeg = Fabulous & Fiendish Meaningful Puritan Easy Ghost