[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SOCIS 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:14:10 CEST 2012

On date Friday 2012-07-06 00:24:45 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Friday 2012-06-29 12:43:00 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> > On date Friday 2012-06-29 12:37:47 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:21:39AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > what is "short" when are the deadlines?
> >
> > About two weeks since now:
> > http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/timeline
>
> I created the SOCIS 2012 page on the wiki with a libavfilter task
> mentored by me:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2012
>
> To all interested candidate mentors and backup mentors:
> update the page with your proposal(s) as soon as possible, or add your
> name as backup mentor, ask a wiki account to Mike Melanson in case you
> don't have one already.
>
> I'll act as default backup mentor for all the tasks which have no
> backup mentor. A backup project admin seems like a good idea
> (Michael?).
>
> I plan to send the application a few days before the deadline (15/07
> 11pm UTC), I'll send the application text for review on this list
> during the weekend.
>
> In case we have more candidates than allocated tasks, I'll discuss the
> proposed tasks with the SOCIS admin and we'll select the one more
> suited to the ESA/SOCIS objectives, assuming all the candidate
> students seem equally qualified.

I just submitted the application.

The application will be reviewed just after the application deadline
of July 15, and the results will be announced by ESA on July 18.

For the last time, I invite all the interested candidate mentors to
edit our ideas page below and to propose the task(s) they wish to
mentor, or add themselves as backup mentors:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2012

Thanks again for your collaboration :-).
--
FFmpeg = Faithful and Frightening Martial Pacific Empowered Guide