[FFmpeg-devel] Exposing preroll and remainder info for aac and mp3.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jul 15 16:21:41 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 11:08:07AM -0700, Dale Curtis wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:
>

> > just posted a patchset implementing initial silence skiping for mp3
> > doing the same with mov/mp4 aac should be trivial, id need a reference
> > sample though to make sure the aac/mov/mp4 stuff is correct. Its easy
> > to get it wrong without a testcase ...
> >
> > the mp3 code should be compatible with lames way of indicating the
> > amount of padding.
> >

> Thanks Michael! The AAC audio files from the demo page are good samples:
>
> MP3:
> http://rtoy.github.com/webaudio/codec-tests/resources/media/square3.mp3

fixed initial silence skiping

> AAC:
> http://rtoy.github.com/webaudio/codec-tests/resources/media/square3.m4a

posted a patch that will fix the initial silence on this as well
but this file is using just 1 of 3 ways by which mp4-aac can specify
the initial silence.
Implementing the other 2 is trivial but i dont want to implement them
without sample files to test with. It would have a high potential
to introduce bugs (noone would notice if we are 5 samples off)
do you happen to have samples that use the other variants ?

ill look into the trailing silence soon

thanks

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA