[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] SOCIS 2012 - Request for students

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 01:39:43 CEST 2012

We're glad to announce that FFmpeg application to SOCIS (Summer
Of Code In Space) has been accepted and we've been allocated a slot
for a student:

The selected student will be sponsored to work on one of the tasks
listed on this page:

but the student is allowed to propose a different task in case he/she
has a different proposal (but we can't guarantee the task
qualification only in case we'll be able to couple him/her with a

Students' application timeline is on Friday July 27:

If you are a student and you want to partecipate to the program,
you're invited to check more information from the SOCIS web site, in
particular to read the pages:
- http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=faq
- http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=tos
- http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=student_agreement

and get in touch as soon as possible with the FFmpeg administrators
(Stefano Sabatini and Michael Niedermayer) and/or with one of the

Good luck!