[FFmpeg-devel] [libav-devel] VideoLAN Dev Days 2012

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jul 22 15:37:01 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 02:38:48PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello fellow-geeks and friends,
>
> Like last year, I plan to organize a small technical conference, at the
> end of the summer, in Paris, for us to gather, discuss and/or code.
>
> Like last year, this is a technical conference, not a blabla one.

\o/

Looking very much forward to it, last year was a lot of fun.

> Like last year, all geeks of important projects on the multimedia
> field are invited. I would suggest to invite Xiph people too, compared
> to last year.

I like that idea.

> So far, the plan is to do it on the first week-end of September 2012 in
> Paris, France. This should not conflict with IBC.

Note everybody that this ties in nicely with FOMS, which is in Paris
this year, back to back with VDD on Monday and Tuesday.

> For lack of a better name (av500con? falcon? whatevercon), I will keep,
> for now, the VDD name.

j-b-con, jbcon, jaybeecon, jaybirdcon

> Interested? Thoughts?

I think the libav crew will attend in numbers again, after the success
that was last year.

Diego