[FFmpeg-devel] [TOY] Siren7 encoder/decoder using aMSN libsiren

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Jul 23 15:24:50 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:03:33AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:51:36PM +1000, Peter Ross wrote:
> > > ---
> > > Crude wrapper around aMSN libsiren. Posted here for posterity.
> >
> > Does libsiren do releases/does it have its own build system/...?
>
> http://libmsn.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libmsn/trunk/msn/libsiren/?view=tar
> contains no Makefile, given that the files were not changed for
> three years, maybe we can host a tarball?

I suggest you try to contact the author of libsiren and discuss with
him on how to best make the code useable for ffmpeg and or other
projects. Explain him what problems exist for us with the current code
and see what he says about how they should be fixed. Also make sure
this is the latest code and not just some outdated version.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato