[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] SOCIS 2012 - Request for students

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 00:34:14 CEST 2012

On date Thursday 2012-07-19 01:39:43 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> We're glad to announce that FFmpeg application to SOCIS (Summer
> Of Code In Space) has been accepted and we've been allocated a slot
> for a student:
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/
>
> The selected student will be sponsored to work on one of the tasks
> listed on this page:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2012
>
> but the student is allowed to propose a different task in case he/she
> has a different proposal (but we can't guarantee the task
> qualification only in case we'll be able to couple him/her with a
> mentor).
>
> Students' application timeline is on Friday July 27:
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=timeline
>
> If you are a student and you want to partecipate to the program,
> you're invited to check more information from the SOCIS web site, in
> particular to read the pages:
> - http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=faq
> - http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=tos
> - http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=student_agreement
>
> and get in touch as soon as possible with the FFmpeg administrators
> (Stefano Sabatini and Michael Niedermayer) and/or with one of the
> mentors.

REMINDER

Students application deadline is approaching tomorrow (11 AM UTC),
please apply if you are interested.

Students proposals will be evaluated based on the qualification task
performance and resume in the next few days.

Evaluation deadline will happen on July 31, on the next Tuesday, so
please propose your qualification task as soon as possible.

Thanks and good luck to all candidate contributors!