[FFmpeg-devel] Modify the source code of FFmpeg-"fprintf ()"-"av_log ()" - standard output-

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Jul 30 03:07:53 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 01:45:59AM +0100, Moad Toutou wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to modify the source code of FFmpeg. I would like to display on the console (standard output) messages and values​​.
>  I tried to use the  fprintf () function of C language, but:  when i compile the files, there are error messages.The error message displays :"please use av_log () function"
>
> However, I looked at the file log.c and log.h but I have not managed to get good information.
> I want to know first, if it is possible to add instructions in the ffmpeg code to display values ​​or messages in the console (standard output)?
>
> If YES, what is the equivalent of the following instructions:
>

> 1 - fprintf ("I am a comment");
> 2-fprintf ("the quantization parameter equal  %d", qp);

that is not valid C code, the first argument of fprintf is not a char*

about av_log() i suggest you look at existing useage of av_log in
the code. git grep av_log will show alot of that

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato