[FFmpeg-devel] soundtouch filter?

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:07:42 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 01:11:13PM -0600, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> On 5/30/12 7:58 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:49:02PM -0600, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> [...]
> >>Understood.  I began porting my code to C today.
> >[...]
> >
> >>This brings me to my next point.  Is AVFilter::process_command the
> >>appropriate interface for updating the tempo parameter during
> >>playback?
> >yes and thanks
> >

> Here is a preview of the filter -- http://aragog.com/~pavel/src/af_atempo.c

Random overall notes (non-including style, see below) before you submit
this:
 - you should not need to zero-ed the context
 - use av_freep instead of av_free(p);p=NULL
 - yae_power_of_two_less_than_or_equal() looks like a builtin we certainly
   have somewhere in our code base
 - do { ... } while (0) for the macros
 - doxy comment are preferred
 - we would appreciate the remove of the pointless "presentation" comments
   (such as "//----------" etc)

> I am not ready to send a patch for review yet because I am certain
> there are code style issues with af_atempo.c that will need to be
> addressed.  I have read paragraph 7 of
> http://ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Development-Policy and interpreted
> it to mean that I have some freedom with regard to code style of any
> original code I create.

Instead of reading a boring documentation, I'd personally recommend you to
look at the rest of the codebase (especially the recent filters) and copy
the coding style. "Important" style points are: K&R, 4spaces indent, '*'
stick to the variables., and vertical ascii art.

> Please take a look at this file and let me know your criticism.

You'll likely get a proper review when you'll send a git-formated-patch
with the requested changes above :)

> I would prefer to license this filter under MIT license, but I have
> not seen another MIT licensed file in ffmpeg tree for reference, so
> I am not sure what to put in the banner at the top.

Mmh IIRC we have at least one ISC file, which is a BSD-like license, if
that is fine with you.

--
Clément B.