[FFmpeg-devel] DVB Subtitles

Wolfram Gloger wmglo at dent.med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 11 18:30:32 CEST 2012

JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg at btinternet.com> writes:

>> From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
>>
>>Some "subtitles" may be present for 2 hours but the packets likely
>>get repeated at intervals shorter than 20 seconds otherwise one could
>>not start playback of such a stream from the middle. And i find even
>>20seconds unlikely long for that. That would implicate if one tuned
>>to a channel and started watching the channel logo would be missing
>>for 20 seconds in some cases
>

> hmm does not matter Micheal as long as the epoch does not change and
> the end_time is correct every packet will say Start at 0 end at 120,
> if you join in the middle you will still get the 1st epoch and as your
> in the stream you will show it until 2 hours from the start.

Hmm, so the times are somehow absolute?  Interesting,
but basically you have confirmed Michael's point as there are
regular packets in the subtitle stream even for such a 2-hour
title.  The problem case we were discussing was when there would
be _no packet at all_ for such a long time and only then the
latency/memory usage issue would occur.

Regards,
Wolfram.