[FFmpeg-devel] request: add link to wiki on the docu page.

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:11:58 CEST 2012

On date Monday 2012-06-25 11:48:20 -0600, Roger Pack encoded:
> Might be nice to add a link to
> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki
> within the documentation page:
> http://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html
> Since the wiki has some guides like filtering, etc.
>
> (I didn't see the file for documentation.html in git anywhere, so I
> assume I just have to ask it here for changes to it?)

HTML and man documentation is generated from texi files in doc/, while
the ffmpeg website documentation is kept in a git repository listed on
downloads:
gil at ffmpeg.org:ffmpeg-web

Regarding the documentation index, it was proposed on #ffmpeg to
rename doc/general.texi to a more sensible name (e.g. supported
formats and libraries).

Regarding the supported formats, we could create a script for parsing
the source code and automatically write the support table, as for the
library we could add the relevant sections in the
muxers/demuxers/codecs/devices chapters, like it is done for filters
(just an idea).
--
FFmpeg = Fancy and Fundamental Mere Powerful Eager Genius