[FFmpeg-devel] new logging functionality

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jun 29 22:37:09 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 03:27:22PM -0400, Martin Carroll wrote:

> > why dont you just use a log level that is sufficiently high ?
>
> I want to write a log message that prints out regardless of what the
> log level
> happens to be set to.  To make that happen I have to write:
>
>         av_log(NULL, av_log_get_level(), ...);

simply adding a AV_LOG_ALWAYS with small value should achive the same

> I got tired of writing that a billion times, so I implemented a
> helper function
>
>         av_flog(...);
>
> that does it for me.
>
> I would be happy to submit the patches for any subset of
>
>         1. Forced log messages

using AV_LOG_QUIET or adding a lower level is welcome if it works

>         2. Thread-id logging

this is certainly the most interresting

>         3. Indentation for dynamic call graph

this maybe interresting too, iam not sure, maybe others want to
comment

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato