[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2012

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 04:11:29 CET 2012

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 23:37:26 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>FFmpeg is possibly the most ubiquitous multimedia framework in the
>FLOSS world, is used as the multimedia engine by a significant part of
>multimedia applications, and provides the backend of possibly most
>Internet-based multimedia transcoding services.

s/FLOSS// . nothing beats ffmpeg in the world!

multimedia engine ... multimedia applications ... multimedia
transcoding. get rid of one or two 'multimedia'.

and you got two possibly's in there. remove both. and remove
'internet based' which shouldnt be hyphenated or capitalized.

michael said he would be backup :)

>* Why is your organization applying to participate in Google Summer of
>  Code 2012? What do you hope to gain by participating?
>
>We hope to involve more contributors in the community, and at the same
>time we want to spread awareness of the project.

maybe gain 'more support for broadcast, web, mobile, film, gaming and
other multimedia industries.'

>* What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
>
>We'll try to avoid that they will disappear in the first place, so
>we'll try to make sure that we have different ways to reach out each
>student.  We'll also arrange to have periodical reports from students
>in order to track their progress.

mention that we will try to keep scheduled contact with
students during qualification tasks to make sure they are reliable
before they are accepted.

>* What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
>
>We'll try to assign a backup mentor to each task.
>
>Even in case there is not an "official" backup mentor, we'll rely on
>the developers community to help the student to accomplish the
>assigned task.

i think a more clear 'several developers have offered to backup in case
of dissapearing mentor'

thanks for working on this.
-compn