[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg g723

Robert Watson robert at gillecaluim.com
Sat Mar 10 23:36:53 CET 2012

The card is manufactured by BlueCherry and has v4l2 & alsa opensource
drivers.  This is what they said:

Since Alsa currently doesn't have a format for G.723, the driver shows it
as unsigned 8-bit PCM audio.  We have sent a patch that was included in
alsa-kernel (hopefully getting synced to mainline soon). But this only
defines the correct format, it doesn't change the way you handle it at all.
 You must convert G.723-24 (3-bit samples at 8khz) yourself.

And, thanks for your help :)
Robert