[FFmpeg-devel] Dynamic Video Generation Application

FlatLander Editor editor at flatlander.info
Sun Mar 25 05:41:21 CEST 2012

Sirs,

I have a simple application in mind - the creation of video using text and
photos as a source.  Surprisingly, I find no usable pre-written application
available.  Perhaps you know of some or perhaps you can tell me if ffmpeg
and related source libraries would be an appropriate tool with which to
create such an application.  Videos are to be deployed over the web so I
anticipate flash or html5 will be the preferred format.

Of course, I can use FCP or Premiere Pro to create these videos manually,
but I believe the greater flexibility and power offered by a dedicated
application is preferable way to go in the long run, as controlling costs
through automation is a critical consideration for our organization.

Any assistance you might offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

roger idaho