[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg summer logo
eclipse7 at gmx.net
Fri May 11 22:18:22 CEST 2012
Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 01:47:18PM +0200, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
> > > i have made the attached logo for ffmpeg summer season. Hope you like it!
> > sorry for my late reply. Well if there are no objections, we are pleased to use
> > it during summertime!
> It is not exactly an objection, but my first thought was that the text
> was a bit hard to read, maybe the inside should be a bit less
> transparent/more coloured?
No real objections either.
Please do not feel offended by anything I say here.
I wanted to write up some of the following stuff so that it can be put
up on our website but didn't come to it yet. So here follow the things
I can remember right now.
* Also we call it logo most of the time, the seasonly changing logos are banners.
This in fact has layout and detail implications.
* Be sure you know the source of all picture fragments you used and that you do not
Now more specific to your work:
* It would IMHO look better and be more practical if the zigzag would be
relatively smaller and (nearly) aligned at the bottom with the bottom
of the FFMPEG text.
* The more synthetic parts (zigzag, drops and sun) are in contrast with the
more natural/organic looking text part.
* I agree with Reimar that the text is hard to read and should probably be
* The Zigzag has still the blue-ish illuminated parts which color-wise don't
fit with the remaining theme of the image.
This is also a flaw of the current spring logo. Therefore not a big deal
and it will be less visible after the picture is resized. Even more so if
the size of the zigzag is changed relative to the text as suggested above.
Thank you very much for your submission!
More information about the ffmpeg-devel