[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg summer logo

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun May 13 17:46:51 CEST 2012

Hello Herve,

Herve Flores wrote:
> Thilo Borgmann contacted me by mail (I didn't notice the the thread about "summer logo")
>
> (I trimmed all previous messages 'cause mine is not really an answer to previous ones)
>
> here is 2 banners (too much compressed, but it's only for list purpose)
> 1st:

  Very good!

  Subjective statement: I do slightly disklike how the p and especially the g
turned out in your FFmpeg text variation.

> 2nd (with -useless- special effects on logo/text):

  I like this one better :)

> PS: personal -but pro- advice: if you want to declinate the logo (zig-zag pattern), avoid to declinate the "text/name" too.
> So, FFmpeg home page will be "less funny", but more recognizable and readable
> (declinate one element, but not both to preserve site display "integrity" ;-)).

  Good advice. I tried to say something along those lines in a previous mail.

  Anyway looks like we have to conduct a vote for selecting this year's summer
logo. Thank you for submitting your work!

  Alexander