[FFmpeg-devel] yesterdays libavfilter merge

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:34:32 CEST 2012

2012/5/10 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>:
> regressions", I believe both project are more or less at par bugwise, but
> there is no doubt that libav is lagging far away when it comes to new
> features.

In maillists ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org, libav-devel at libav.org nearly
100% of topics are patches (and i believe there are patches of all
levels of importance in both MLs). Monitoring both lists, i figured
out that there is stable trend: libav-devel has twice more topics
starting at any time interval, comparing to ffmpeg-devel. So i can't
easily agree that libav.org is loosing the battle on features. I have
plainly opposite opinion.
The only major flaw in libav.org for me is lack of support of audio
filters (and this seem being solving these days). That's why i stick
with ffmpeg.org these days in my apps..

--
Andrey Utkin