[FFmpeg-devel] VC-1 Interlaced Hardware decoding

Jeroen de Kleijn jeroen.de.kleijn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:21:33 CET 2012

I've done some more testing with the latest XBMC frodo beta 1 on Windows.
This uses DXVA2 acceleration and also shows a problem at the specific scene
change. Instead of the blocking artifacts, XBMC simply gets stuck at the
scene change and toggles between buffers showing interlacing artifacts.

As Hendrik mentions the latest MPC-HC does not show a problem and plays the
sample perfectly using DXVA2. The difference between XBMC (windows) and
MPC-HC is that XBMC uses FFMpeg 0.10.2 and MPC-HC is much closer to the
master (This is correct is it not Hendrik?). The OpenElec 2.0 with XBMC of
my initial tests uses FFMpeg 0.10.5.

>From this I also believe the problem not to be with XVBA, but more likely a
code change that is in the FFMpeg master and not in the 0.10 branch. I have
no idea which commit to backport and building OpenElec with FFMpeg master
is probably not the easiest thing.

Which version of FFMpeg are you using Carl?

Greetings Jeroen