[FFmpeg-devel] c99wrap.exe and c99conv.exe

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:24:25 CET 2012

On 21/11/2012 1:07 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> I know that the tool is also available at
> https://github.com/libav/c99-to-c89/
> but libav is not ffmpeg and its a gamble for us to depend on this as
> it may or may not work with ffmpeg in the future.
> Both ffmpeg could change and need changes to the tool as well as
> changes to the tool could cause breakage with ffmpeg.

Libav is merely the name of the Github org it's under, and does not affect
what it is, which is a GENERIC tool. So please, take off your tinfoil hat,
and stop obsessing over the fact that the URL contains 'libav' in it, and
drop the conspiracy theories.

Apparently, even though I'm one of the three authors/maintainers of it, my
word is not enough for you, so I shall wait for Ronald to come and tell you
the exact same thing I have said multiple times.

- Derek