[FFmpeg-devel] c99wrap.exe and c99conv.exe

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:47:41 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Derek Buitenhuis <
derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/2012 1:07 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > I know that the tool is also available at
> > https://github.com/libav/c99-to-c89/
> > but libav is not ffmpeg and its a gamble for us to depend on this as
> > it may or may not work with ffmpeg in the future.
> > Both ffmpeg could change and need changes to the tool as well as
> > changes to the tool could cause breakage with ffmpeg.
>
> Libav is merely the name of the Github org it's under, and does not affect
> what it is, which is a GENERIC tool. So please, take off your tinfoil hat,
> and stop obsessing over the fact that the URL contains 'libav' in it, and
> drop the conspiracy theories.
>
> Apparently, even though I'm one of the three authors/maintainers of it, my
> word is not enough for you, so I shall wait for Ronald to come and tell you
> the exact same thing I have said multiple times.

+1. The official tool lives in github.com/libav, and all authors agree on
that. There is no Libav- (or FFmpeg-) specific code in the tool, and there
never will be.

(Some of the tests use code that is syntactically derived from code that
exists in FFmpeg and/or Libav.)

Ronald