[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New Commercial Product Using FFMPEG - Thanks To Developers.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Nov 23 22:04:24 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 01:59:55AM -0600, ffmpeg-devel at ballcam.com wrote:
[...]
> libavfilter was originally considered to do the unrotating,
> but as far as it is understood at this time, the rotate
> filter only works in 90 degree increments. (Currently
> FFMPEG-1.0 is used, and unless there is a need to use
> a later commit, point-releases will be used).
>

> If the FFMPEG team would like to include arbitrary angular
> rotation as part of the rotate libavfilter, please respond as
> such to this message, and BallCam Technologies Inc. may
> pursue that as part of its contribution.

sure, we would like to, code to do rotations exists already in
libmpcodecs/vf_perspective, that needs to be ported to libavfilter
and then used by rotate to give a clean user interface

Do i understand your message in that you want to do that coding work?
or you want to donate to ffmpeg in exchange for someone else doing
it?
iam not sure, i understand you exactly here ...

Thanks

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator