[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] integer.h overhaul

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 9 18:45:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:01:28PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi,
> I needed to extend big integer support to make it able to contain up
> to 2304 bits (144 16-bits words), so I re-worked the API to avoid to
> pass huge arrays by value.

why do you need to work with such large integers ?
please explain the algorithm you try to implement

why do you remove the pass by value ?
multiplying 2 such numbers will take probably around a million
cpu cyles, with the current implementation that was not designed for
this, copying such a number in pass by value will take maybe around
hundread cpu cyles.
so this isnt making it faster but it makes its interface quite
awkward to use IMHO

If you think the mosad wants you dead since a long time then you are either
wrong or dead since a long time.