[FFmpeg-devel] asking for help on custom IO

Dale Curtis dalecurtis at chromium.org
Mon Oct 15 21:49:16 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez <geronimo013 at gmx.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I first wrote to ffmpeg-users, but I was told to ask for help at
> ffmpeg-devel.
> The point is, I really love ffplay - but it lacks seek support at http-
> protocol. I recently wrote a streaming server and implemented the server
> side
> for seeking, so I'd like to implement the client side too.

Gero, does your streaming server support range requests? We see this issue
pretty frequently with Chrome and servers which don't support range
requests. See http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=110309 for
an example of this type of issue. Specifically you'll want to look at the
Accept-Ranges and Range fields in the http headers.

- dale