[FFmpeg-devel] some random docu patches

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:14:37 CEST 2012

>>> -ffmpeg -i input.avi -b:v 64k output.avi
>>> +ffmpeg -i input.avi -b:v 64k -bufsize 64k output.avi
>>>  @end example
>>
>> Unrelated.
>
> The bufsize is unrelated? (the problem I was trying to fix here
> was...that you cannot actually use the command given ("ffmpeg -i
> input.avi -b:v 64k output.avi") and have it apply the video bitrate of
> 64k.  Which confused me. It needs a bufsize...or at least mention of
> it :)

I stand corrected, bufsize *is* unrelated, I was confused as I thought
that setting a bufsize would, for instance, be necessary to allow
mpeg4 to follow bitrate settings well.  Turns out, even with a
bufsize, it doesn't follow bitrate settings well, so feel free to
revert that one.

Of course, my personal preference would be to make the entire docu
into a wiki, then it could be elaborated/expanded on more easily...

Thanks!
-r