[FFmpeg-devel] some random docu patches

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:21:34 CEST 2012

On date Monday 2012-10-15 14:14:37 -0600, Roger Pack encoded:

> >> Unrelated.
> >
> > The bufsize is unrelated? (the problem I was trying to fix here
> > was...that you cannot actually use the command given ("ffmpeg -i
> > input.avi -b:v 64k output.avi") and have it apply the video bitrate of
> > 64k.  Which confused me. It needs a bufsize...or at least mention of
> > it :)
>
> I stand corrected, bufsize *is* unrelated, I was confused as I thought
> that setting a bufsize would, for instance, be necessary to allow
> mpeg4 to follow bitrate settings well.  Turns out, even with a
> bufsize, it doesn't follow bitrate settings well, so feel free to
> revert that one.
>

> Of course, my personal preference would be to make the entire docu
> into a wiki, then it could be elaborated/expanded on more easily...

And let the users edit the syntax for the various commands? Reference
technical documentation != community driven documentation, they have
two complementary targets and purposes.

Also documentation is strictly coupled with the installed programs, I
don't want to read a wiki (updated to which version?) when I'm on a
server on moon alpha station and I have no Internet access, man page
will do.
--
FFmpeg = Furious & Funny Mean Pitiful Enhanced Gargoyle