[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] mov.c: Handle MPEG-in-MOV (#241 and friends)

Petter Ericson petter.ericson at codemill.se
Tue Oct 16 17:18:01 CEST 2012

Greetings,

Attached is a patch that handles the files provided in #241 and duplicates.
Needless to say, it is extremely hacky and would benefit from improvements,
but as it stands, it checks for the two places I have found the m1s tag, and
forces continued probing until mpegps_probe gets enough data to find its
own header. I considered using the mpegps demuxer as a "subprocess" simliar
to how DVDemuxer is used, but this proved to be too much trouble for me,
given that it really isn't made to work in that way, and the above
approach got the desired result.

Improvements (rudimentary MOV parsing in the probe?) very welcome.

Best

/P

--
Petter Ericson