[FFmpeg-devel] Howto list + pull specific git branch

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Sat Oct 20 00:37:31 CEST 2012

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 08:26:54PM -0500, David Favor wrote:
>> The current Macports ffmpeg-devel package uses the
>> following git syntax for building:
>>    name            ffmpeg-devel
>>    conflicts       ffmpeg
>>    version         20120917
>>    set git_branch  1ad63ff14adb652996c4604da59a330cef0d494e
>>    ... ... ...
>>    platforms       darwin
>>    homepage        http://www.ffmpeg.org/
>>    master_sites \
>>     "http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=ffmpeg.git;a=snapshot;h=${git_branch};sf=tgz;dummy="
>>    dist_subdir     ffmpeg
>> I've tried to figure out the syntax to list + pull by
>> specific branch ids and it's beyond me.
>> In a previous email h=n0.11.1 was suggested and this fails
>> because of the weird way the Portfile is laid out.
>> Pass along the git syntax to list all the branch info
>> like tags (0.11.1, 1.0, etc) and map them to their
>> associated git branch ids (like git_branch above).
> i dont know about the others but at least i do not understand
> the problem or question you have, that we could help you with
> maybe you could elaborate ?

For example, if I'd like to find the git branch id (as in set_branch above)
for a specific release like 0.11.2 or 1.0 let me know the git command to
dump all the branches or tags along with their git id.

Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com for the easy way!