[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Oct 28 17:19:32 CET 2012

On 10/27/2012 04:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Don Moir <donmoir <at> comcast.net> writes:
>
>> SPI looks like a generalized place to make donations
>> for Software in the Public Interest.
>>
>> I only looked briefly, but how do you make a donation
>> to just the ffmpeg group rather than generalized ?
> A 100% certain way is to look at http://ffmpeg.org/donations.html
> (even briefly) and follow the "Click&Pledge" link.

I would be interested in a way which is suitable for companies to pay
donations to FFmpeg.
Here in Austria, you need a legal entity which is registered somewhere
somehow in order to be able to donate to that entity as a company.

The SPI dontains page [1] makes it sounds like there is way to transfer
money to an account, unless using US-dollar checkes or money order.

What would be the preferred and legally correct way of donating money as
an Austrian company to FFmpeg?

Thanks,
Pb