[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] lavu/samplefmt: fix/clarify documentation for av_samples_fill_arrays()
stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:20:57 CEST 2012
In particular, avoid improper use of term "channels" in place of
"planes", and fix erroneous documentation for the linesize parameter.
libavutil/samplefmt.h | 10 +++++-----
1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/libavutil/samplefmt.h b/libavutil/samplefmt.h
index 299200d..dcc5a73 100644
@@ -158,16 +158,16 @@ int av_samples_get_buffer_size(int *linesize, int nb_channels, int nb_samples,
enum AVSampleFormat sample_fmt, int align);
- * Fill channel data pointers and linesize for samples with sample
+ * Fill plane data pointers and linesize for samples with sample
* format sample_fmt.
- * The pointers array is filled with the pointers to the samples data:
+ * The audio_data array is filled with the pointers to the samples data planes:
* for planar, set the start point of each channel's data within the buffer,
* for packed, set the start point of the entire buffer only.
- * The linesize array is filled with the aligned size of each channel's data
- * buffer for planar layout, or the aligned size of the buffer for all channels
- * for packed layout.
+ * The value pointed to by linesize is set to the aligned size of each
+ * channel's data buffer for planar layout, or to the aligned size of the
+ * buffer for all channels for packed layout.
* @see enum AVSampleFormat
* The documentation for AVSampleFormat describes the data layout.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel