[FFmpeg-devel] evaluating the experimental status of ffv1 version 3

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu Sep 13 15:31:28 CEST 2012

On 09/06/2012 09:35 AM, Peter B. wrote:
> Quoting David Rice <daverice at mac.com>:
>>     How close are we to an official ffv1 version 3?
> I've already talked to my colleague, and I will try to block the next
> week for FFV1.3 stuff, so we can finally get this wrapped up.
Unfortunately, I've had some unforeseen stuff to take care of these
days, but I've requested high priority for the FFv1.3 tests and I'm
setting up a test-roadmap, in order not to lose the overview of what
shall be done.

Something I've found interesting so far is, that the latest
"ffdshow-tryout" release is announced with featuring "Multi-threaded
decoding for FFv1" [1]. If I'm not mistaken, this means that they
reference to at least supporting playback of FFv1.2. As FFv1.2 was never
released and immediately superseded by FFv1.3, I assumed that FFv1.3
files could be played back - but that's not true.
Could they have implemented multi-threaded *decoding* of FFv1.1 somehow?

Pb