[FFmpeg-devel] stlport with ffmpeg: Issue with time_is_forbidden_due_to_security_issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Sep 13 20:59:41 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:24:09AM -0700, Raymond Toy wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Raymond Toy <rtoy at google.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks for the patch.  It seems the idea is right, but it's much more
> > compilicated than that.  For example libavformat/mov.c includes avformat.h,
> > which includes <time.h>.  And vp8.c includes vp8.h which includes
> > <pthreads.h> and stlport pthreads.h includes <time.h>
> >
> > I can work on some patch to take care of this, but it seems that it would
> > be pretty messy to have to move all of the various system includes buried
> > in header files to the c files.  Some guidance on what would be acceptable
> > would be helpful.
> >

> Ok, I've gone through and made a bare minimum patch that will allow ffmpeg
> to work with stlport.  The patch basically removes <time.h> from a few
> header files and adds #include <time.h> to the files that need it.  Also
> pthreads.h is moved from a few places too.
>
> It works for me with stlport (where I only build the codecs I need).  It
> also works with ffmpeg itself and builds all of the programs.
>
> If can provide the patch (about 500 lines) if anyone is interested.

I dont yet understand fully what you are actually trying to do ?
the undef of time is a ffmpeg internal thing. It does not affect
applications using the libs or ffmpeg.
how do you get these C++ STL includes into ffmpegs internals ?

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin