[FFmpeg-devel] h264 threading fate tests

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:27:27 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 09:15:58AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Clément Bœsch <ubitux <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I recently setup a few fate instances to test the threading (2, 8, 16 and
> > auto), and regularly one of the h264 conformance test fails; look at the
> > yellow entries here for instance:
> > http://fate.ffmpeg.org/history.cgi?slot=x86_64-archlinux-gcc-threads-8
> >
> > The other day, I tried to run an automated git bisect run
>
> Is there a version for which you are sure the problem
> does not occur? (And a version where it was first reproduced?)

Not really, as I said, it can take a while (long minutes) before
triggering the problem (and you need to play with your CPU usage), so you
never really know.

> How many threads are needed to reproduce?

It seems to happen more often with 8 threads with my configuration, but 2,
and 16 also fail sometimes. Most likely the other configs as well.

Clément B.