[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 1.0

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:31:36 CEST 2012

On date Friday 2012-09-28 04:24:03 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> Hi
> FFmpeg 1.0 release uploaded & download page updated, ill update the
> front page after a bit of sleep
> iam planing to release 1.0.1 in 2 weeks, if you want some changes in
> it, create a branch based on the release/1.0 branch in your public git
> repo and cherry pick everything you want in the release
> in that branch. than just ask me to merge it.
> thanks

BTW, I'd propose to follow a more linear approach for releases
numbering, and just use two version numbers major.minor and discard

For example we could next release a branch 2, with the tags 2.0, 2.1,

This should also clarify things for users.
FFmpeg = Fascinating and Frightening Mystic Patchable Everlasting Geek