[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:58:47 CEST 2013

On date Thursday 2013-03-28 01:30:18 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Saturday 2013-03-23 23:59:16 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
[...]
> > Application submitted, ping for new candidate mentors and backup
> > mentors.
>
> New ping for mentors and backup-mentors.
>
> According to timeline:
> https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
>
> March 29: 19:00 UTC	Mentoring organization proposal deadline.
> April 1 - 5:	        Google program administrators review organization proposals.
>
> so we have around 1 week to assign new tasks and assign co-mentors
> yet, but the sooner we do it the better.

[...]

Hi,

the review process started yesterday.

We're still missing backup mentors for the following projects:
* Postproc optimizations
* MPEG-4 ALS encoder
* Hardware Acceleration (hwaccel) API v2
* Hardware Accelerated Video Encoding with VA-API
* AAC Improvements

See page:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2013

In case you want to volunteer as backup-mentor for one of these projects,
or propose a new project, *do it now or as soon as possible*.

I'll add my name to the vacant positions later today in case no one
shows up.

I suppose we can change backup-mentors later, but it's better if we
assign the positions before the review is done.