[FFmpeg-devel] Java Api's (Android) for ffmpeg

Maxim Polijakowski max_pole at gmx.de
Tue Apr 2 12:35:53 CEST 2013

Am 31.03.2013 16:56, schrieb Talha Malik:
> Hi
> We are trying to develop a media player on android platform. The idea of
> the android application is that it records a video with modified sound i.e.
> pitch and frequency is changed.
> For this purpose we are trying to use some open source libraries since
> Android audio libraries do not provide such features.
>
> We have done some research and found *ffmpeg* to be one of the most widely
> used libraries by developers.
>
> I am wondering whether you can point me to any *java api's* for *ffmpeg.*

One possible solution woul be JavaCPP: http://code.google.com/p/javacpp/
Its author - Samuel Audet - has already wrote a Java wrapper for
libavcodec and libavformat, named as avcodec.java and avaformat.java
respectively. You can find those in the JavaCV package:
http://code.google.com/p/javacv/source/browse/src/main/java/com/googlecode/javacv/cpp/avcodec.java?r=5bbb841a1d9b03328ad0c3dbc723ad6903220d62
http://code.google.com/p/javacv/source/browse/src/main/java/com/googlecode/javacv/cpp/avformat.java?r=5bbb841a1d9b03328ad0c3dbc723ad6903220d62

You probably need to access libavresample. JavaCV doesn't provide any
wrapper for that but you could easily derive your own by looking at the
above mentioned sources.

I've gathered some experience in working with JavaCPP by creating a
cross-platform java wrapper for Google's Tesseract OCR engine. Don't
hesitate to contact me if you need some further help...

Best regards
Maxim