[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:02:14 CEST 2013

On date Monday 2013-04-08 11:55:16 -0800, Lou Logan encoded:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 20:27:41 +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>
> > Accepted organizations announcement is due in date April 08 at 19:00
> > UTC, I'll post a follow-up to this thread as we know the result of the
> > evaluation.
> >
> > Thanks all for participating!
>
> Hi,
>
> FFmpeg was not accepted this year for GSoC. We can get feedback as to
> why we were not accepted in #gsoc (Freenode) on Friday, April 19, 2013
> at 16:00 UTC.

The chat session was held yesterday.

In short it turned out that FFmpeg was not accepted mainly because of
the somehow tense relationships with other involved organizations,
which may result in a negative environment for the mentored
students. (Please refrain from commenting on this, feel free to ask
in private if you deem it necessary.)

On the bright side we got a quite positive review of our ideas page,
so that's definitively something we can use as a starting point for
future applications.

I wish again to thank all the volunteering contributors and mentors
for their effort.
--
FFmpeg = Fostering and Faithful Monstrous Philosofic Emblematic Ghost