[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:01:40 CEST 2013

Am 22.04.13 22:21, schrieb Roger Pack:
> On 4/20/13, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> FFmpeg was not accepted this year for GSoC. We can get feedback as to
>>> why we were not accepted in #gsoc (Freenode) on Friday, April 19, 2013
>>> at 16:00 UTC.
>
> Maybe somebody could do a kickstarter campaign for FFmpeg's "own"
> summer of code...I would donate $50 toward it at least :)

I've seen the Code Sprint ideas of the Point Cloud Library project lately, see
http://www.pointclouds.org

Maybe we can also consider this procedure to get some projects funded and
realized with a more direct connection to companies interested in the
development of FFmpeg. We should really get rid of the dependency on GSoC only
for that purpose since these vague reasonings from Google won't vanish, I think.

-Thilo