[FFmpeg-devel] [LOGO] Font for "FFmpeg" wordmark

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Tue Aug 6 04:04:56 CEST 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:43:13 -0700, Timothy Gu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am making the FFmpeg logo in SVG, and I need to know the font of
> "FFmpeg" text (or the results will be very ugly). I tried to use some
> of the online font identifying services, but they didn't work. Please
> point me to the original font designer if needed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Timothy

Hi,

What is the logo going to be used for?

The logo is already in SVG: the current "3D" logo as shown on the
website by Hervé Flores, and a "2D" version I made intended for
color limited printing where gradients may not be an option.

I also attempted to find out information about the typeface, but I never
got any replies from Hervé Flores who created the current logo, so I
ended up having to use the text outlines from the attached SVG file
'fflogo-flores.svg'. Better than nothing and still vector, but not
ideal.

Note to future self: I recommend usage of a font with a free license
for any official redesigns.

Please let me know if you find out. If not then I'll ask him via a
letter.

Hervé's contact info:

herve.flores at free.fr
herve at whynotflores.com