[FFmpeg-devel] Gitignore

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Aug 14 16:26:53 CEST 2013

Le septidi 27 thermidor, an CCXXI, Marcus Johnson a écrit :
> Could someone add *.DS_Store and *._ to the .gitignore?
>
> .DS_Store is used by OS X's finder to store information about the files in
> the folder (basically the equivalent of Windows Thumbs.db or Desktop.ini)
> and ._* files are used for extended attributes in OS X as well.

You can add them to your local .git/info/exclude file. I believe this is
common practice: .gitignore is for files generated by the normal build
process, and .git/info/exclude is for whatever trash can appear on one
developer's directory for local reasons (I myself have .*.swp, for example).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George