[FFmpeg-devel] Use ffmpeg as an Android stagefright plugin

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Aug 17 01:12:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:39:27PM +0800, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> 2013/8/13 Michael Chen <omxcodec at gmail.com>:
> > I was very glad to hear the news.
> > it not a difficult thing  to update stagefright-plugins  to JB. but you
> > should cleanup these code,  if feel  a bit chaotic.
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang at android-x86.org>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello ffmpeg list,
> >> I'm planning to integrate the latest ffmpeg as
> >> a stagefright OMXPlugin with Android-x86 4.3.
> >> I found the stagefright-plugins developed by
> >> Michael Chen is a good start.
> >> (repo: https://github.com/omxcodec/stagefright-plugins.git)
> >> But it's based on android 4.0 (ICS).
> >>
> >> My plan is:
> >> * Update stagefright-plugins to work with
> >>   stagefright of android 4.3.
> >> * Make it to be a libstagefrighthw.so plugin.
> >> * Create Android.mk to build ffmpeg libs.
>
> Hi ffmpeg-dev,
> I've finished item 3 so now I'm able to build ffmpeg libs
> with the AOSP 4.3 tree. I've succeeded to build different
> archs including x86, mips, armv7-a and armv7-a-neon.
>
> http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/external/ffmpeg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jb-x86
>
> Is it possible to merge it in the ffmpeg upstream?

i see lots of hardcoded config.mak/h files

Consider that new options could be added to configure and would then
be missing from this, also a user might want to build with different
codecs / (de)muxers than the ones hardcoded in these files

[...]

Thanks

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus