[FFmpeg-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Extracting NTP timestamp from RTCP

Fred Rothganger frothga at sandia.gov
Thu Dec 5 01:33:25 CET 2013

On 12/04/2013 05:08 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> change the meaning of 0 with the next ABI bump or introduce a new
> field but that might be overkill, dunno

IMHO, adding a second field is definitely overkill. It seems like the
right thing to do is define a "not set" value, whatever it is, and stick
with that. Right now it is 0, though perhaps only as an accident of
history. It makes more sense to have a special value for "not set"
different than 0, since 0 is a valid date.

At this point I don't care either way. If this requires an ABI bump, how
do I go about submitting a patch for it?